The Southeast Europe Coalition on Whistleblowing Protection is a coalition aimed at protecting the rights of whistleblowers, fighting corruption and promoting freedom of speech, created on 9-10 November 2015 by 12 organizations from South-East Europe. The Coalition has 28 members and partners in 12 countries (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Kosovo, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania and Serbia), the Institute for Democracy and Mediation being one of them. The Coalition has just launched its website: see-whistleblowing.org/the-coalition/.
The objective of the regional initiative is to build a platform on its website where journalists, activists and experts on human rights and freedom of expression can discuss about the issues whistleblowers from the region deal with.
The Coalition wants to monitor cases where various governments or companies threaten or intimidate whistleblowers. Special attention will also be given to laws that fail to offer whistleblowers appropriate protection, and to laws that do offer it and are poorly implemented.
Another priority is the information and education of public opinion on the topic of whistleblowing. The Coalition hopes that a more informed society can improve government and corporate transparency.
- Institute for Democracy and Mediation, Albania
- Union of Albanian Journalists, Albania
- Center for Responsible Democracy / Luna, Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Public Interest Advocacy Center, Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Center for the Study of Democracy, Bulgaria
- Media Development Center, Bulgaria
- Alexenia Dimitrova, journalist, Bulgaria
- GONG, Croatia
- Saša Lekovic, journalist, Croatia
- WBcz, Czech Republic
- Article 10, Kosovo
- Kosovo Center for Transparency, Accountability and Anti-Corruption (KUND 16)
- K-Monitor, Hungary
- Center for Investigative Journalism SCOOP, Macedonia
- Transparency International, Macedonia
- Anticorruption Alliance, Moldova
- Center for Analysis and Prevention of Corruption, Moldova
- Resource Center for Human Rights, Moldova
- Center for Development of Non-Governmental Organizations, Montenegro
- Center for Investigative Reporting in Montenegro
- Milka Tadic Mijovic, journalist, Montenegro
- Alliance for a Clean Romania, Romania
- Expert Forum, Romania
- Romanian Academic Society, Romania
- Attila Biro, journalist, Romania
- Bureau for Social Research, Serbia
- Southeast Europe Leadership for Development and Integrity (SELDI), regional
- Blueprint for Free Speech, international