Website Design Consultancy
Terms of Reference
The Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM), is one of Albania’s leading think-and-to-tanks contributing to reforms and development processes in five key areas: governance and public integrity; security sector reform; EU accession process; local governance and integrated development; and civic space.
The Institute was established in 1999 as a small non-governmental organisation, but since 2005 IDM has increasingly developed as a think tank organisation. For more information about the scope of our work, our mission and vision, and the governance of the organisation, see: https://idmalbania.org/about-idm/
In 2020, we started the implementation of a three-year communications strategy, which has an increased focus on our online branding and communication output. This strategy highlighted the need for a new website that better reflects IDM’s objectives, brand, and growth, and is at the same time more user-friendly. Our website www.idmalbania.org serves as our main platform for engagement with our audiences, not only to update them about the work we do, but also to publish our research and our blogs. It is expected that the new website will address the organisation’s general and programmatic needs.
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The service provider will be expected to develop an informative and dynamic website layout /structure capturing the latest, compatible and easily accessible to common devices browsers (i.e. desktops, Laptops, mobiles and other handheld devices). The service provider will also be expected to integrate the following features:
User Friendly CMS: We need to update the content and make simple adjustment without needing daily support from the web developer.
Search Function: The website should have an effective search function by news, type of publication, event, and topic with specific criteria.
Integrated calendar: The website should have a calendar that will display upcoming events. This area must be easily updatable by the designated users.
Social media application links: Ability to incorporate all our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) with live update options.
Podcasts/Blogs: The website should have blog functionality for posting articles, news clippings, video and other content. These content elements should be featured on the homepage.
User Guide: Develop a user-guide for the website and the CMS, complete with the most common troubleshooting guidelines.
Staff training: Train IDM staff on how to manage content on the new website.
Content Transfer: Install the website on the hosting location, and transfer all archived content from the current website into the new website (images, text, embedded video, PDFs, HTML, photo albums, etc.)
Website Security: Security settings to be set at highest possible level SSL/TLS secure connection and greenbar enabled.
The following will be expected from the Consultant/Company:
- A structural proposal (sitemap) and visual mock-up before proceeding on the actual re-designing of the website;
- A mock-up of the redesigned website for any adjustments before commencement of the assignment;
- Pre-test the website;
- A user guide on the Content Management System; and
- 6 months’ external support on website monitoring from the time of new website handover.
The consultant/company will report to the IDM responsible staff for the routine work during implementation and overall management of the assignment.
COMPETENCES AND QUALIFICATION
- The consultant/company should have proven experience in website development and web based Content Management Systems with at least 3 years of progressive experience with web design.
- Experience in developing websites for other non-profit organisations is an advantage.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- A detailed resume and portfolio containing candidate or company’s qualifications and experiences with samples of previous work (e.g. web links to previous work).
- A financial proposal to address the work. The lump fee which you propose for the consultancy should include the breakdown of all costs.
- Proposed timeline of delivery (please keep in mind we are looking to deliver asap).
- Email addresses and phone numbers of at least two accessible referees familiar with the candidate’s work.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applicants should send their expression of interest to [email protected] Please indicate “IDM Website Design” in the email subject line. The closing date for receipt of applications is 28 February 2021.