CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
RESEARCHER ON SECURITY AND GOOD GOVERNANCE
The Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM), a think tank policy institute based in Tirana, Albania, is looking for a Researcher under IDM Center for European & Security Affairs (CESA).
The successful candidate will join CESA’s team under the lead and supervision of CESA’s Director and will be offered a renewable one-year contract with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is open to applicants with experience in policy research and relevant academic background in the areas of security, good governance and anticorruption.
• Design and implementation of research activities in the areas of security, governance and anticorruption;
• Produce analytical products and prepare policy papers/briefs on key issues of CESA’s thematic focus;
• Carry out other ad-hoc duties as requested.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
• A Masters degree in political science or other relevant studies for CESA thematic areas (security, good governance and anticorruption);
• Two year experience with policy research in at least one of the areas of security, governance and anticorruption;
• Ability to design research frameworks and conduct independent research;
• Excellent knowledge of both English and Albanian;
• Outstanding writing skills;
• Knowledge of basic social science research methods.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
• Cover letter (Expression of interest);
• Updated CV with two reference contacts;
• A small writing sample of an analytical / research / policy product.
Please send your application via email: [email protected]
Deadline: 15 January 2018.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted