Call for applications
IDM is seeking motivated young individuals interested in gaining experience in civil society, project management, and research within one of the leading civil society organizations in Albania.
Established in Tirana in 1999, the Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM) is dedicated to consolidating participatory governance and democratic institutions, EU integration processes, civil society development, regional cooperation and security through independent research, capacity building, and engagement of societal players. IDM generates knowledge and expertise for inclusive policy making, evidence-based alternatives to bolster democracy and sustainable development. IDM carries on its objectives through expertise, policy analysis, applied research, as well as through building capacities of key societal actors, and developing partnerships for policy alternatives. Our choice of activities to achieve IDM strategic objectives is an effort to go beyond one-time delivery projects. They form part of a continuing struggle to strengthen shared values and efficient interactions across the broad spectrum of political and non-political actors in Albania.
- Assist in implementing the SMART Balkans project
- Support in monitoring of awarded projects and agreements with grantees
- Support project visibility across various communication channels
- Offer research, writing, and editing assistance
- Attend meetings and workshops organized by project, taking minutes and preparing written briefs for team members
- Provide administrative support
- Translate specific documents as necessary from Albanian to English and vice versa
Required skills and qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a master’s program or a recent graduate in fields such as economic/political sciences, law, or related areas
- Proficient writing, analytical, and research abilities
- Fluency in both English and Albanian
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and dedication to civil society sector in Albania
What IDM can offer
We offer a three-months unpaid internship with flexible working hours and the possibility of further engagement at IDM based on performance during the internship period.
Application and deadline
Please send your application, including your curriculum vitae and cover letter expressing your interest to [email protected] by February 20, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.