VACANCY: Finance Officer
Location: Tirana, Albania
Organization: Institute for Democracy and Mediation
Employment Type: Full-time employment
Application deadline: 10 September 2019
The Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM) is an independent, nongovernmental organization, founded in November 1999 in Tirana, Albania. It works to strengthen the civil society, analyses and improve Albania’s integration processes, and assist reforming and consolidation of good governance and inclusive policy making processes. IDM carries on its objectives through expertise, innovative policy research, analysis and assessment-based policy options. Over the past ten years (2007 – 2019) IDM developed from relatively small organization with a six member staff working on three main policy areas (1999 – 2007) to a resourceful and multi-thematic policy institute. The institute’s program areas include good governance; security; local governance & integrated development; facts & space program and EU and the Balkans.
Assist and complement the work of the Finance Manager (FM) in order to improve further the efficiency of financial management of the IDM Project and Grantees’ financial reporting. The position will also cover the financial management, coordination and day to day financial transactions for sub grantees.
• Prepare and update excel diaries every week for cash, banks and VAT;
• Data entry for the purchases and withholding tax;
• Organization and checking the financial documentation at the end of the month along with the FM;
• Monitoring procedural compliance with individual contracts;
• Monitoring procedural compliance with grant implementation;
• Assistance in the preparation of payments and checks as well as stamping of documentation after payments execution;
• Assistance in financial reporting of grantees, photocopying and filing of grant files together with FM.
• Manages the Cash Box, analysis of cash box, and daily need acquisitions;
• Coordinate with finance manager for office needs in cash, and cash inflows;
• Reconciles cash on weekly basis with finance manager and in monthly basis with the Executive Director;
• Support to track grant disbursements;
• Tracks grant financial reporting;
• Monitor use/implementation of grant funds/budget;
• When needed, controls grant financial implementation;
• Assess grantee financial management capability and provide technical assistance and training as required to ensure the grantee is capable of meeting regulations for financial management, accounting, and financial reporting;
• Review grantee financial reports and make recommendations for follow-up action or technical assistance;
• Review individual grantees financial reports. Support Finance Manager in preparing regular financial reports for the donors
• University degree (Bachelor) in finance, accounting or business administration.
Experience and skills
• At least 3 years of relevant working experience in finance, accounting or book keeping.
• Very good knowledge of NGO Albanian financial-related legal framework (tax, accounting standards)
• Very good communication and coordination skills
• Ability to adapt and to be flexible
• Ability to work independently and self/organizational skills
• Ability to work harmoniously with people from different cultural backgrounds;
• Resourcefulness, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with and between different levels and types of project personnel and counterparts;
• Excellent PC user skills in Microsoft Office package, particularly in Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.).
• Strong skills in written communications in English particularly in preparing financial reporting;
• Excellent spoken English is also required.
The application should include a cover letter and the CV in English. Other supporting documents are welcomed. Please indicate in e-mail subject specification about your application: Application – Project Finance Officer – Name Surname. The application should arrive not later than 10 September 2019 via email to: [email protected].
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.