Training module on the Right to Information at the local self-governance level
January 2021 – The training module provides a comprehensive and thorough overview on the right to information at the local level. The target audience of the module are CSOs, civil society activists, local officials, media, and other local oversight mechanisms interested in the area of anti-corruption, transparency, accountability.
The structure of the module is organized as follows:
- The first section gives an introduction of the module while also pointing at the target audience, structure and methodology.
- The second section explains the importance of the right to information and the citizens’ role in ensuring it.
- The third section gives a comprehensive overview the regulatory framework in place concerning the right to information.
- The fourth section of the module is focused on the “information with request” and the ways information can be requested according to law.
- This section shifts the focus on the “proactive information” which is situated in the Transparency Programs.
- The sixth section showcases how municipalities in Albania provide information and the channels that they use to communicate.
- The seventh and last section points out several exercises and case studies that aim to enhance participant’s practical skills on the right to information.
Click to download. (Albanian only)
The training module is prepared in the framework of the project : “CIVIC MONITORING of transparency and accountability at local self-government level”, implemented by IDM.
This grant is supported by the ‘Civil Society programme for Albania and Kosovo’, financed by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Kosovar Civil Society Foundation (KCSF) in partnership with Partners Albania for Change and Development (PA).