Megi Reçi is a project manager working on governance, transparency, rule of law and civic space.
Before joining IDM, her work was mainly focused on human rights advocacy. She worked for the INGO Civil Rights Defenders as well as local organisations in the areas of anti-discrimination (with a focus on Roma and LGBTI+), rule of law, civic engagement and freedom of expression. In addition, she has been involved in research work and authored/co-authored articles on criminal justice, civic engagement, gender equality, transparency etc. Furthermore, her previous work experiences include law firms as well as internships in public institutions and NHRIs.
She graduated with honors from University of Tirana, Faculty of Law and holds a Master of Science in Public Law. In addition, she has completed university courses at Wake Forest University, Malmo University, and Belgrade Faculty of Law.
Megi is fluent in English and Italian and has good knowledge of Spanish.
- Reçi, M. Xhaho, A (2021) Monitoring report: Transparency and Accountability at Local Self-Government Level. Institute for Democracy and Mediation
- Reçi, M. (2021) Do youth votes matter in Albania?. Kosovo 2.0
- Reçi, M. (2021) Elections during a pandemic – What have we learned?. Eurospeak
- Reçi, M. Likmeta, B. Krasniqi, A. Metalla, A. Bozo, A. Skendaj, E. Cukaj, I. Voko, K. Shehu, R. (2021) Evaluation of the situation of Human Rights and Rule of Law during Albania’s OSCE chairmanship. Albanian Helsinki Committee
- Reçi, M. Kurti, T. Cakaj, E. Dida, E (2021) Human Rights and Technology. ILRG
- Reçi, M. (2020) An overview of how Albania is responding to the COVID-19 crisis. Fair Trials
- Reçi, M. (2020) Legal changes on abortion rights in Poland, global developments and the regression of women’s rights. Eurospeak
- Reçi, M. (2020) Are the lives of Albanians protected?. Kosovo 2.0