CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Established in Tirana in 1999, the Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM) is dedicated to consolidating participatory governance and democratic institutions, EU integration processes, civil society development, regional cooperation and security through independent research, capacity building, and engagement of societal players.
We are looking for a Communications Officer who is visually minded and is confident in using a range of media platforms to promote our research content and activities. The Communications Officer will play an integral role in the implementation of IDM’s Communications strategy and the quality assurance of our communications output.
- Support the implementation of IDM Communications Strategy
- Manage IDM social media platforms, creating and publishing engaging content to reach its key audience
- Manage and update the IDM website, as well as support the development of new features on the website.
- Drafting the communications report on IDM’s social media channels and web impact by using analytics and reporting tools (google analytics)
- Design, implement and evaluate social media campaigns to promote and showcase IDM activities and publications. Liaise with the IDM team on communicating and promoting IDM events.
- Disseminate press releases and manage media requests, including maintaining the media contacts database.
- Provide additional support in the preparation and coordination of IDM’s events when needed.
Your background and qualifications
- University graduate (bachelor or master) and a minimum 2 years of experience in digital communication, multimedia journalism, or similar fields.
- Strong working proficiency of most software and platforms which you will be using: WordPress; Photoshop; InDesign; Canva; MailChimp; Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube; Office 365, etc.
- Experience developing creative content and campaigns for online and sometimes print use (social media, events, infographics, brochures, etc.).
- Excellent command of Albanian and English languages.
- Good sense of design aesthetics and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in teams and relate to stakeholders.
- Keen interest in governance, democratisation and security-related issues.
- Ability to write for a broad and expert-level audience.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work independently.
What IDM can offer
We offer full-time employment for 1 year. The contract is renewable. The salary will be in accordance with your previous experience as well as the IDM salary scale.
We would like the preferred candidate to join the IDM Team by January 2022.
Application and deadline
Applications should include a curriculum vitae that lists your past experiences in communications and a one-page letter of motivation, both in English.
Please send your application to [email protected] by 26 December 2021 with the job title in the subject line (e.g. “IDM Communications Officer”).
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.