Smart Balkans consortium partner IDM Albania organized on 20.04.2023 the ceremony of signing grant agreements with the awarded organizations of the first round for applications for Local Initiatives, Media Grants and Creative Box, under the SMART Balkans regional project.
The first public calls for these grant lines for Albania received a total of 141 applications and 13 new cooperating partners will implement their projects over a period from 6 to 12 months. The awarded organizations of the Local Initiatives will implement 9 projects in different municipalities of Albania, addressing important topics at the local level. It is also worth mentioning that one of SMART Balkans innovations is Creative Box grant line, which supports organizations and artistic groups that want to convey important social messages through art. The awarded organizations in this grant line will organize theatrical performances and a nomad photography exhibition. In addition, through the Media Grants will be realized two series of podcasts on feminism and the integration processes of Albania in the EU.
We are very enthusiastic to start cooperation with these organizations and we wish them success in their project’s implementation.
Organizations awarded with Local Initiatives:
- Albanian National Assocation of the deaf
- Institute for Strategic Development Centre
- Forumi i Politikave të Integrimit
- Social Inclusion for Development
- Perdorusit e pyjeve e kullotave dhe mbrojtja e mjedisit SIRA
- For Social and Environmental Welfare Berat
- Shoqata Kombetare Edukim per Jeten
- Qendra për Drejtësi Gjinore në Shqiperi
- Youth Roma and Egyptian Movement
Organizations awarded with Creative Box:
- Albania FOKUS
- Qendra “Tirana Art”
Organizations awarded with Media Grants:
- Albanian Woman in Audiovisual AWA
- Albanian Center for Quality Journalism