REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Community Based Initiatives
The Institute for Democracy and Mediation invites local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to express their interest by submitting proposals to implement Community Based Initiatives. These initiatives are expected to strengthen social cohesion and build community resilience.
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION
IDM is pleased to invite interested local CSOs to implement community-based initiatives (CBIs). These initiatives are in line with the objectives of the programme “Sustainable community-based reintegration of Albanian nationals returning from Syria” to engage and empower local community members through strengthening social cohesion. The primary aim of these initiatives is to build more inclusive, resilient and safer communities through community agency and social engagement.
The CBIs’ priority sectors/ themes (not limited) include:
- Enhancing social cohesion to help communities and their members maintain harmony during societal change (such as interventions that leverage socio-cultural, sportive and recreational activities that promote social engagement, tolerance, volunteerism, wellbeing and inclusion).
- Strengthening community agency through promoting active citizenship. Interventions that will enhance mobilization, organization and representation of communities and their interest, such as offering access to equal opportunities, positive social and economic alternatives; promoting an enabling infrastructure through enhanced collaboration with key stakeholders (local government, businesses and academia in the area etc).
Duration: 3 – 8 months
Who: CBIs’ beneficiaries will be local community members in targeted project areas with special focus on youth.
Budget: 250.000-500.000 ALL
Where: Community-based initiatives should take place in any of the 8 municipalities /10 programme areas, respectively 1. Yzberisht; 2. Kashar (Municipality of Tirana); 3. Municipality of Kavaja; 4. Buçimas: Rëmenj & Gurras (Municipality of Pogradec); 5. Leshnicë (Municipality of Pogradec); 6. Municipality of Librazhd; 7. Mollas (Municipality of Cërrik); 8. Municipality of Mat; 9. Municipality of Kukës; 10. Postribë (Municipality of Shkodër). The projects should cover at least one target area, but more than one area is welcomed.
In the following documents you can find detailed guidelines and documents for applicants:
- Annex A – Guidelines: CBI- Request for Proposal
- Annex B – Application Form
- Annex C – Budget template
All proposals must be submitted electronically in English to [email protected] by 02/09/2022. The email should be marked as ‘Application [acronym of the applicant] – Community Based Initiatives.
Any queries or clarification about the call for RFP should be submitted electronically to [email protected] by 20/08/ 2022. The email should be marked as ‘Questions: RFP– Community Based Initiatives.
IDM is hosting an information session on 28/07/2022, at 12:00 for all those who would like to ask questions related to this call for proposals. Joining instructions will be sent to each of the interested applicants.
Community Based Initiatives will be supported in the framework of the programme “Sustainable community-based reintegration of Albanian nationals returning from Syria”. This program is being implemented in Albania by the Institute for Democracy and Mediation in cooperation with the Observatory for the Rights of Children and Youth and the Women’s Center for Development and Culture in Albania, under the national coordination of the Coordination Center Against Violent Extremism, with the support of the Global Community Engagement and Sustainability Fund (GCERF).