Rovena Sulstarova is the Manager of the Governance Program. Additionally, Rovena is IDM’s in-house legal expert that assists with legislation and judiciary-related projects.
Her work experiences include leading positions in public administration and educational institutions and in the management of donor financed projects and programs in the education field. She has held different senior positions in the public administration, including the Prime Minister’s office and the Ministry of Education and Science. Rovena has been a member of the Administration Council of University of Tirana, and has lectured on law and education in public and private universities. She currently teaches education law and policies at the Faculty of Social Sciences of University of Tirana.
Rovena holds a MSc in Law and a M.A in European Studies from the University of Tirana. She received her PhD in Education from the University of Tirana and she holds the title of attorney from the Albanian Bar Association.
Rovena is fluent in English and Italian, and speaks German at a basic level.
- Shehaj, A., Sulstarova, R (2022). Plan Integriteti për Komisionerin për të drejtën për Informim dhe të Dhënat Personale. Tirana: IDM https://www.idp.al/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/2.-22_9_22-Plan-Integriteti-IDP-.pdf
- Sulstarova, R (2022). Plan Integriteti për Ministrinë e Arsimit dhe Sporteve: Tirana: IDM https://arsimi.gov.al/27167-2/
- Methasani, E. Sulstarova, R. Bezhani, E., (2022). Plan Integriteti për Ministrinë për Evropën dhe Punët e jashtme. Tirana: IDM https://punetejashtme.gov.al/programi-i-transparences-2/
- Sulstarova, R., Dhoga, N., Bezhani, (2022) Plan Integriteti për Ministrinë e Infrastrukturës dhe Energjitikës: Tirana: IDM https://www.infrastruktura.gov.al/rregullore-5/
- Vurmo, Gj., Sulstarova, R & Dafa, A. (2021) “Deconstructing State capture in Albania: an examination of the Grand Corruption cases and Tailor-Made laës from 2008 to 2020”’. Transparency International; https://www.transparency.org/en/publications/deconstructing-state-capture-in-albania-an-examination-of-grand-corruption-cases-and-tailor-made-laws-from-2008-to-2020
- Sulstarova, R, Kasmi, J. (2021) “’Guarding the guardians: parliamentary oversight of independent institutions in Albania”’. Institute for Democracy and Mediation. https://idmalbania.org/guarding-the-guardians-parliamentary-oversight-of-independent-institutions-in-albania/
- Sulstarova,R.., Kuci, B., and Agolli, M.(2021) “”Corruption and Integrity in Albania state police 3:00” Tirana :IDM. https://idmalbania.org/report-police-integrity-and-corruption-in-albania-3-0/
- Sulstarova, R (2020) “’Integrity Risk Methodology for the Central Government”. Tirana: IDM. https://idmalbania.org/ëp-content/uploads/2021/01/Police-Integrity-Report_3.pdf
- Sulstarova,R.., Xhaho, A., and Agolli, M.(2020). Monitoring Report on Police Vetting Process. Tirana: IDM
- Sulstarova, R (2017) “Implementation of Bologna Process in Albania 2007-2015” Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 8 (5): 53-59.
- Sulstarova,R.., Kuci, B., Qirjazi, R and Agolli, M.(2019). “Report on assessment of state police ethics and integrity” ’. Institute for democracy and Mediation. https://idmalbania.org/assessment-report-on-state-police-ethics-and-integrity-june-2019/
- Sulstarova, R. (2015). Implementation of Bologna Process in Albania”, presented in the international conference “Implementation of Bologna Process in South-eastern Europe”, organized by College of Tourism and Management in Konjic, Bosnia and Hercegovina, 24-26 September.
- Sulstarova, R. (2015). The Reforms in Governance of Higher Education in Albania, presented in the international conference “The State, Society and Law”, organized by Aleksandër Moisiu University in Durres, 2 May.
- Sulstarova, R. (2014). “Higher Education Governance as a Key Issue for the Albanian Society”, presented in the international conference “Law and Values in Contemporary Society”, organized by European University of Tirana in Tirana, 21-22 November.
- Aliaj, Besnik & Sulstarova Rovena (2008) “Një platformë për edukimin politik në Shqipëri” ( A platform on political education in Albania). Tirana: Institute for Democracy and Reforms.
- Sulstarova, R. (2012). The Legal Reform in Higher Education Facing the Exigencies of Albanian Society, Social Studies 6 (3): 75-82.