Security Program Manager
Redion Qirjazi is IDM’s Security Program Manager. His research work and interests revolve around issues related to national security, defense, terrorism, conflict resolution, violent extremism, anti-corruption practices, public sector integrity and good governance.
Previously, Redion served as an officer in the Albanian Army for 7 year where he held multiple command positions. Most notably, he is was the founder of Albania’s first Officer Commissioning Course and has served a combat tour in Afghanistan. He has extensive experience with conflict resolution.
Redion is an Alumnus of the Rotary Peace Fellowship which he attended at the Rotary Peace Center at Chulalonghorn University, in Bangkok, Thailand. He holds a M.A. in Applied Security and Strategy from the University of Exeter (U.K.) and a BSc in International Relations, with a Minor in Terrorism Studies, from the United States Military Academy (West Point, U.S.A.).
Languages: Redion is fluent in English, and speaks Italian at a basic level.
- Qirjazi, Redion et al. “Regional Cooperation in the Western Balkans: Options for the Interplay of Neighborly Relations and EU Accession up to 2025”. German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) TRAIN project, 2018.
- Qirjazi, Redion and Romario Shehu. “Community Perspectives on Preventing Violent Extremism in Albania.” In Opportunities for Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) in the Western Balkans, edited by Engjellushe Morina and Beatrix Austin. Berlin: Berghof Foundation Operations GmbH, 2018.
- Qirjazi, Redion. “Albania’s Response to the Foreign Fighter Threat and the Way Ahead.” In Returning from Violence: How to tackle the foreign fighters’ problem in the Western Balkans?, edited by Anna Orosz. Budapest: Institute for Foreign Affairs and Trade, 2018.
- Qirjazi, Redion. “Vetting to Deliver Police Integrity in Albania.” POINTPulse Magazine, April 18, 2018.
- Qirjazi, Redion. Policy Brief: Fighting Corruption in Albania: Improving the Efficiency of the Internal Audit. Tirana: Institute for Democracy and Mediation, December 2017.
- Qirjazi, Redion. The Citizens’ Opinion of the Police Force: Results of the Public Opinion Survey Conducted in Albania, edited by Saša Djordjević. Tirana: Institute for Democracy and Mediation, September 2017.
- Qirjazi, Redion. Policy Paper: Reintegration Difficulties and Post Mission Adjustment of Albanian Military Personnel. Tirana: Institute for Democracy and Mediation, July 2017.
- Qirjazi, Redion. “Case Study: Assets management in the Albanian Armed Forces.” In Financial Oversight and Integrity in Albania’s Security Sector, edited by Arjan Dyrmishi. Tirana: Institute for Democracy and Mediation, March 2017.