VACANCY: SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER
The Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM) is welcoming applications for the open position of Senior Finance Officer.
The deadline for applications is 10th May 2022.
The Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM) is an independent, non-governmental organization, founded in November 1999 in Tirana – Albania. Its mission is to strengthen the Albanian civil society, analyze and support the EU accession and development process in the country, and help consolidate good governance and inclusive policymaking.
IDM carries on its objectives through expertise, policy analysis, and applied research, as well as through building capacities of key societal actors and developing partnerships for evidence-based policy alternatives.
By combining the advantages of a knowledgeable think-tank and a resourceful operational non-governmental actor, the institute’s expertise extends to the following key sectors and thematic areas: Governance and public integrity; Security Sector Reform; EU accession process; Local governance and integrated development; and Civic space.
The Senior Finance Officer will perform the following duties:
- Prepare and update excel diaries every month for cash flow, payroll, banking, inventory, receivables, payables, in timely and accurate manner;
- Filing and reviewing the financial documentation at the end of the month;
- Prepare financial reports in line with donor requirements and templates;
- Tracks grant financial reporting;
- Cooperate with the Finance and Administration Director in the organization and completion of Project (s) Expenditure Verifications Reports by external auditors, if and when required;
- Prepare and monitor in use/implementation of grant funds/budget;
- Review the subgrantee financial reports
- Carry out other duties as part of IDM Finance & Admin Office under the supervision of the Finance Director and IDM Executive Director.
- University degree (Bachelor) in finance, accounting, or business administration. A Master’s degree is preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in finance, accounting or bookkeeping.
- Very good knowledge of the Albanian legal framework on NGOs (tax, accounting standards)
- Very good communication and coordination skills
- Ability to adapt and be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with and between different levels and types of project personnel and counterparts;
- Excellent PC user skills in Microsoft Office package, such as particularly in Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.).
- Knowledge of accounting programs such as QuickBooks/Alpha/Finance5.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the sector standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
The application should include a cover letter and a CV in English. Names and contacts of three referees including the current/last supervisor should be included in the CV.
Applications must be sent to [email protected] with e-mail subject: Application – Project Senior Finance Officer – Name Surname.
Deadline for submitting the applications – 10th May 2022.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.