Call for Expression of Interest
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Local Focal Points for the coordination of project activities in Albania
The Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM), in partnership with the Albanian Helsinki Committee (AHC), are implementing the project “Widening the Democratic Space in Albania through Citizens Engagement in Decision-Making”. It aims to create an enabling environment for substantial civic engagement in political and legislative processes in Albania as a means for citizens to demand for accountability and transparency from elected representatives (MPs) or mandated officials. This initiative is being implemented in the framework of the “Support to Parliament and Civic Education in Albania” (PACEP), a project of the Agency Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), implemented by the National Democratic Institute (NDI). Over the period July 15, 2020 – January 31, 2022, IDM and AHC in close coordination with PACEP implementers, will bring skills and tools to local stakeholders all over Albania to shape their involvement in and contribution to legislative processes.
Based on the above, in order to create the conditions on the ground for the successful implementation and increase the reach of the project activities nationwide, local focal points will be engaged in the regions.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Project Team, the local focal points will be engaged 5 working days per month throughout the duration of the project.
- Identifies the local grass-root organizations or informal citizens’ groups to offer potential capacity building and technical support on their engagement with the Parliament;
- Assists in coordinating and facilitating the project activities in the specific region, including capacity building trainings and workshops, awareness raising activities online and face to face;
- Organises monthly meetings with the local stakeholders and the Local Civic Networks;
- Monitors and reports to the project team on the Local Civic Networks activities;
- Facilitates interaction among the Local Civic Networks members and logistical aspects of the implementation of the LCNs Plan of Action.
- Completed secondary education;
- Previous work experience in project implementation in a central or local governmental institutions;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and successful interaction with local stakeholders, regional/local authorities, experts and NGOs, informal interest groups, citizens.
DURATION OF CONTRACT
December 2020 – January 2022
Please submit your updated CV at [email protected], by Friday 25 December 2020.