Lead Organization: Center for Research and Policy Making (CRPM), Macedonia
Organizations co-applicants: Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM), Albania, Development for Democracy (D4D), Kosovo
Duration: January, 2016 – July 2017
The goal of this project is to strengthen the capacity of the civil society and the public institutions in developing and promoting public economic policies in the area of hidden economy and corruption in Macedonia, Albania and Kosovo aimed at upholding democracy, economic rights and rule of law and at reducing ethnic, religious and class divisions, poverty and inequality.
The specific objectives for achieving this goal are:
- Enhance CSOs’ role in monitoring the hidden economy, develop evidence-based solutions, and advocate for transparency and accountability reforms; in Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia.
- Promote public-private partnership in finding business friendly, market-based solutions to hidden economy’s negative impact on poverty and inequality in Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia.
- Stimulate transparency and accountability of the public administration and the business sector to reduce hidden economy’s harmful impact on society, in Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia.
- Policy brief: The Hidden Tax Heaven – Hidden Economy and Tax Evasion in Macedonia, Albania and Kosovo
- Policy Brief: The Shadow Worker – Hidden Economy and Undeclared Labor in Macedonia, Albania and Kosovo
- Click to download the Policy Brief: Burdened Business is a Hidden Business – Business Perspective of the Hidden Economy in Macedonia, Albania and Kosovo
Also check out info graphics on Business Survey Results (Eng/Alb), Not issuing receipts- Hidden Economy in practice in Albania